A chocolate cake that is super easy to make, and turns out moist and delicious every time? Yum! We can’t even take credit for inventing the Too Much Chocolate cake, it came from Allrecipes.com. But it has quickly become the go-to special occasion cake in this house, especially when paired with the Whipped Cream/Cream Cheese Frosting (also from Allrecipes.com).
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package devil’s food cake mix
- 1 (5.9 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, mix together the cake and pudding mixes, sour cream, oil, beaten eggs and water. Stir in the chocolate chips and pour batter into a well greased pan (two round pans will make for a nice layer cake ).
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until top is springy to the touch and a wooden toothpick inserted comes out clean. If in doubt….underbake! I’ve had good luck taking it out even a few minutes before the center of the cake has sprung up and it’s delicious then – a little gooey and brownie-like, but still firm enough to frost. Cool cake thoroughly in pan at least an hour and a half before inverting onto a plate.
Whipped Cream/Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- In a small bowl beat whipping cream until stiff peaks form; set aside.
- In a large bowl combine cream cheese, sugar, salt and vanilla. Beat until smooth, then fold in whipped cream.
Anyone who likes chocolate will love this cake, and it couldn’t be easier to make. Enjoy!
Filed under: Uncategorized |